Before 2016, cameras rarely entered radio studios. Consequently, these were not really decorated, featuring often white walls, drab and simple furnishings and little or no investment in visual layout.
After 2016, with the arrival of Facebook Live and Instagram, among others, cameras began to penetrate, even by their own hosts for promotional purposes, forcing managers to make investments in wall displays in order to present more attractive and colorful places.
It was therefore at this time that several companies began to specialize in interior decoration intended specifically for radio studios. M&M Marketing has been challenged more than 24 times for warrants in this regard over the past three years.
You can see above five photos of radio studios that required the intervention of M&M specialists to carry out a “beauty transformation” of the premises. Among these, we will recognize: Radio-Canada’s Studio 17, The Beat 92.5, FM 93 and Rythme 105.7.
How do you go about “dressing up” a radio studio? It’s simple. Here is the step-by-step explanation:
- Go to the site and take measurements of all walls and window and door frames.
- Draw a plan with the dimensions and provide it to the graphic agency responsible for the visuals for the project, mandated by the company that owns the radio studio.
- Prepare the quote and have it approved by the client.
- Receive the files and adjust them to the computer graphics department to ensure that all formats comply with the measurements taken beforehand.
- Produce canvases and pre-cut aluminum frames.
- Perform installation on site.
The materials used for this type of project are thin aluminum frames (17 millimeters) and printed canvas, with a silicone rod finish sewn to the four sides. The small 3 millimeters thick silicone rod fits into the front groove of the metal extrusion and provides an impeccable finish. The result is a room whose walls are completely covered with printed canvases, leaving only the doors and windows unobstructed. This system also allows the fabrics to be changed indefinitely afterwards, which is very much appreciated by customers in general.